viernes, 9 de diciembre de 2011

TBR Intervention Challenge (9)


TBRIC is hosted by April@ Books4Juliet Dani@ Refracted light, and Ayanami@ Whatever you can still betray
 
 
The goal of this challenge is to help each other (fellow readers and bloggers) manage our enormous and constantly growing TBR (To-Be-Read) List. The rules are simple and everyone is encouraged to participate. It does not force you to commit to more than what you can manage to read in a week or so, but participants are encouraged to read at least one book within a week. You are free to choose the book you want to read and commit to this challenge. You may post your entry every Saturday, at the frequency of your choice--EVERY WEEK or EVERY TWO WEEKS. However, we will sponsor this event regularly every Saturday.

Rules.

1. Post the book(s) you committed to read in your last TBR Intervention post and tell us something about it. Did you finish it? Did you enjoy it or not? Post the link to your review (if you have one).
2. Post a book that you want to read and already own. Pick something that has been sitting on your shelf for too long now (6 months or longer). Commit to read the book in the next couple of days or week.
3. Grab the TBR Intervention Button and post it on your blog sidebar so you will be constantly reminded of the challenge, making it easier for you to commit. This will also encourage other readers/bloggers/visitors to join the challenge.
4. Add the link to your post in the Linky below and make sure to visit the other blogs. Comment, encourage, and spread the love to our fellow readers.

My last intervention.
Glimmerglass, Jenna Black

I haven't finished yet, but I'll finish it in the next minutes.
I loved it! this is a real "modern" faerie tale, I wonder, if I'm really liking Keane... and I'm not talking about the band, because I love the band..... Sorry If I start blabling.
However, I loved the story, the characters, and Ethan!







The white cat, Holly Black

Did I say that I changed the title to this book? Well, I called it: "how to become a hustler in three days"
And I learned it!
I loved Cassel's family! If you think your family is a mess, it's because you don't know Cassel's. It wasn't surprising, even though it was really good!

I also finished Blood read road, by Moira Young. Bitterly frustrating (because I had problems understanding the language) and totally good. Loved it!




My next TBR Intervention.
My soul to take, Rachel Vincent.

Summary from Goodreads.
She doesn't see dead people. She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally.

Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about her need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next.


On my shelf since March, some friends love this series, so I think this is my time to make my own thoughts.

This week I'll try to read -again- Shadowland, The Immortal series book 3. I don't want to finish the year with some books halfway.



How is your TBR list now?
Happy reading!

6 POV's:

  1. Lis, I'm glad you liked Glimmer Glass. I love Keane and Ethan and Kimber and Dana! I love those four! And BLOOD RED ROAD is one my TOP FAVORITE of all time! I love love love that book! I'm glad you finished it, I understand why you had a hard time reading it, because it really was difficult to read. But it's an amazing book! Jenny, Mariam and Kim loved it too! =) and I see you're planning to read the Soul Screamers! Mine hasn't arrive yet :< I hope I don't need to wait until Christmas... I'll be away in a couple of days and I'm afraid that those books that I've been waiting to arrive will be delivered during those days of my absence :< Anyway, good luck with your books! =)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Soul Screamers is one my "must-discover-at-some-point" list! I hope you'll like it. The premise sounds interesting enough, and I've heard some great things about it!

    Happy reading week!

    Ron @ Stories of my life

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I loved Glimmerglass and White Cat. They are so good. I also like Rachel Vincent's Soul Screamer series. I hope you enjoy it too.

    ~Kristin

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Congrats on finishing your goals. Glimmerglass has been on my radar for awhile. I will have to add it to my TBR Intervention in the near future.
    My TBR Intervention

    ResponderEliminar
  5. I like your writing, trying to learn to understand, and horrible ...
    very nice indeed to be observed
    thanks friend,....

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Wow, you've had an awesome week! I loved White Cat, it's one of my all-time faves. Love your blog!
    My blog partner and I just joined the challenge.

    Maja @ TheNocturnal Library

    ResponderEliminar

Gracias por comentar! Me encanta conocer tu opinión.
Lamentablemente no puedo contestar preguntas sobre enlaces de descarga, pero si quieres saber más sobre la entrada, déjamelo saber!
Abrazos

 

Nox Invictus Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang