viernes, 25 de noviembre de 2011

TBR Intervention Challenge (07)


TBRIC is hosted by April@ Books4Juliet Dani@ Refracted light, and Ayanami@ Whatever you can still betray


The goal of this challenge is to help each other (fellow readers and bloggers) manage our enormous and constantly growing TBR (To-Be-Read) List. The rules are simple and everyone is encouraged to participate. It does not force you to commit to more than what you can manage to read in a week or so, but participants are encouraged to read at least one book within a week. You are free to choose the book you want to read and commit to this challenge. You may post your entry every Saturday, at the frequency of your choice--EVERY WEEK or EVERY TWO WEEKS. However, we will sponsor this event regularly every Saturday.


Rules.

1. Post the book(s) you committed to read in your last TBR Intervention post and tell us something about it. Did you finish it? Did you enjoy it or not? Post the link to your review (if you have one).

2. Post a book that you want to read and already own. Pick something that has been sitting on your shelf for too long now (6 months or longer). Commit to read the book in the next couple of days or week.

3. Grab the TBR Intervention Button and post it on your blog sidebar so you will be constantly reminded of the challenge, making it easier for you to commit. This will also encourage other readers/bloggers/visitors to join the challenge.

4. Add the link to your post in the Linky below and make sure to visit the other blogs. Comment, encourage, and spread the love to our fellow readers.
 
My last TBRIC
Beautiful dead 1. Jonas, Eden Maguire
 
Summary.
Something strange is happening in Ellerton High. Phoenix is the fourth teenager to die within a year. His street fight stabbing follows the deaths of Jonas, Summer and Arizona in equally strange and sudden circumstances.

Rumours of ghosts and strange happenings rip through the small community as it comes to terms with shock and loss. Darina,Phoenix's grief-stricken girlfriend, is on the verge. She can't escape her intense heartache, or the impossible apparitions of those that are meant to be dead. And all the while the sound of beating wings echo inside her head! And then one day Phoenix appears to Darina.
Ecstatic to be reunited, he tells her about the Beautiful Dead. Souls in limbo, they have been chosen to return to the world to set right a wrong linked to their deaths and bring about justice. Beautiful, superhuman and powerful, they are marked by a 'death mark' - a small tattoo of angel's wings.

I liked this book, the start is a simple and a little boring, but as the story progresses, begins to take "form"
My favorite part of a book is always the ending, and this wasn't as bad as I thought.
So, I give it 3/5 stars.


THE BOOK I COMMIT TO READ
Hex Hall, Rachel Hawkins.
Summary.
Three years ago, Sophie Mercer discovered that she was a witch. It's gotten her into a few scrapes. Her non-gifted mother has been as supportive as possible, consulting Sophie's estranged father--an elusive European warlock--only when necessary. But when Sophie attracts too much human attention for a prom-night spell gone horribly wrong, it's her dad who decides her punishment: exile to Hex Hall, an isolated reform school for wayward Prodigium, a.k.a. witches, faeries, and shapeshifters.

By the end of her first day among fellow freak-teens, Sophie has quite a scorecard: three powerful enemies who look like supermodels, a futile crush on a gorgeous warlock, a creepy tagalong ghost, and a new roommate who happens to be the most hated person and only vampire student on campus. Worse, Sophie soon learns that a mysterious predator has been attacking students, and her only friend is the number-one suspect.
As a series of blood-curdling mysteries starts to converge, Sophie prepares for the biggest threat of all: an ancient secret society determined to destroy all Prodigium, especially her.

I want to read this book because it's on my shelf since 2010, I even don't remember the right day. Plus, I'm in love with its spanish cover!


PS: I know TBRIC must to be posted on saturdays, but in recent days, I've been posting on friday nights (which means, I post on Philippine saturdays! LOL!)
In my real saturdays I'm in artisan jewelry's class, so I don't have any free time.

Hope you all have an amazing weekend!

8 POV's:

  1. So... congrats on finishing your TBRIC book! I'm thinking that I'll probably not read Beautiful Dead anytime soon based ony our recommendation... lol.

    I've been interested in the Hex Hall books, and I agree the Spanish cover is gorgeous. Good luck this week!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Yay! Another Spanish reviewer!

    Contrats on your challenge of last week, and good luck finishing Hex Hall. The premise sounds interesting, so I'll have to give it a try if you like it! Actually, I'd also be looking forward to translation comments... (deformación profesional, qué se le va a hacer...)

    Happy reading!

    Ron @ Stories of my life

    ResponderEliminar
  3. So the plan to read Beautiful Dead will be shelved... for now.

    And good luck on your next challenge!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I so enjoy seeing covers from other countries. Congrats on finishing your book this week and good luck with the week to come.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Oh, I really hope you like the second Hex Hall. I loved it. I wasn't sure about it because I thought Hex Hall was just sort of okay.

    Good luck.

    My TBR Challenge

    ~Kristin

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Never heard about the first one, but I have the second on my wishlist hope you like it.

    ResponderEliminar
  7. I haven't heard of Cuatro Almas before but it does sound like it would appeal to me. Hex Hall. *sigh* oh yes!

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Lis,

    LOL! So you're posting on Philippine Time just like me! YAY! LOL! Ayanami is a Filipina too, so we both post at the same time =P

    I didn't know that Cuatro Almas is the Beautiful Dead. I think I've heard about this title before but I really cant remember.

    And I LOVE Hex Hall series! I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did. I'm waiting for Spell Bound to come out =) Good luck to us this week!

    Xoxo, April

    ResponderEliminar

Gracias por comentar! Me encanta conocer tu opinión.
Lamentablemente no puedo contestar preguntas sobre enlaces de descarga, pero si quieres saber más sobre la entrada, déjamelo saber!
Abrazos

 

Nox Invictus Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang